by: JBH Wonders

The Suggested Links are websites that I frequently visit. These are informative and entertaining perhaps. I offer no endorsement of them here and I am not being compensated for posting their links.

Note: The Links to Drawings and Documents for Wood Projects and the Hand Pump Project are Now Working Again.

***Edit from JBH Wonders daughter: This blog belonged to my father. He unfortunately lost his battle with cancer in March 2018. I'm sure he would still welcome comments on any of his postings, but please respect his wishes to keep them short and CLEAN, and please be RESPECTFUL of him. He was a brilliant man of few words with lots of good information to offer, which is why he created this blog. Thank you to all his faithful readers. -Jessica

Friday, January 6, 2017

Some Good Stuff From Scripture



This is a “living file” of my favorite KJV Bible (other versions are noted) verses. These are not listed in any particular order.
Last Update, 01/06/2016


Some Positive Thoughts


“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.”
Ephesians 4:32

“But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.”
I Thessalonians 4:13

“Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.”
Jeremiah 17:14

“Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?”
Isaiah 29:16

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”
Galatians 5:1

“For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.”
Galatians 5:13

“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Galatians 6:9

“Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.”
Proverbs 1:23

“All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.”
Proverbs 15:15

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28

“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:8

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.”
Philippians 4:11

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.
Jeremiah 29:11, NIV

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

“Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go”.
Isaiah 48:17

“For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.”
Isaiah 50:7





Where Things are about Now

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Ephesians 6:11

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:11

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”
Mathew 7:15

“When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.”
Proverbs 29:2

“While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.”
II Peter 2:19

“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.”
Isaiah 24:5

“The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,”
Psalms 2:2

“Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.”
Psalms 2:3

“He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.”
Psalms 2:4




Some Basic Instructions

“Let all things be done decently and in order.”
I Corinthians 14:40


“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.”
Mathew 10:16


Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:”
Proverbs 30:8

“Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.”
Proverbs 30:9

“The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.”
Proverbs 18:15

“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”
Romans 13:11

“For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.”
Romans 15:4

“Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger”.
Proverbs 19:15

“And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.”
Ecclesiastes 12:12

“…let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,”
Hebrews 12:1 (last sentence)


“Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.”
Hebrews 5:2

“They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.”
Psalm 82:5

“Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.”

Isaiah 48:17


“Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.”
Proverbs 16:3

“Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.”

Proverbs 23:9



“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither thou goest.”

Ecclesiastes 9:10


 “Oh spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.”

Psalms 39:13


 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”

Philippians 4:6


“Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time”.

Amos 5:13



“Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.”
Amos 5:14

“Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.”
Psalm 82:3

“Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.”
Psalm 82:4

“They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.”
Psalm 82:5

Warnings

“Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts;”
Luke 20:46

“And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.”
Luke 21:20




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but please keep them short and CLEAN.
Edit from JBHWonders daughter: This blog belonged to my father. He unfortunately lost his battle with cancer in March 2018. I'm sure he would still welcome comments on any of his postings, but please respect his wishes to keep them short and CLEAN, and I'll add RESPECTFUL of him. He was a brilliant man of few words with lots of good information to offer, which is why he created this blog. Thank you to all his faithful readers. -Jessica